Saturday, July 12, 2008

Are You Stressed? Take This Quiz...


Answer either YES or No


HEALING & WELLNESS

A. I generally feel good about my health and I am looking for ways to support this.

B. I would like to sleep more soundly or feel well rested.

C. I experience PMS symptoms such as cramping and fatigue.

D. I frequently feel tired and worn out.

E. I experience symptoms of menopause.

F. I have difficulty holding still or relaxing.

G. I experience headaches, fatigue, and /or nausea regularly.

H. I have challenges with my weight.

I. I experience minor body aches and pains.

J. I would like to start a preventative wellness regimen.

K. I would like to have more natural remedies on hand for use by me and my family.


RELAXATION & RENEWAL

A. I would love to explore new ways to pamper myself and relax.

B. I feel stressed out or overwhelmed.

C. I frequently experience muscular tension in my neck, back or shoulders.

D. I have difficulty “winding down” in the evening.

E. I would like to try more healthful and relaxing teas.

F. I would like to have more spa treatments, but I don’t have time/money to go to a spa.

G. My eyes are frequently tired or I frequently get headaches.

H. I would like to have hot baths and massages.

I. I would love to spend more nurturing time with family and friends.

J. I would like to experience the benefits of aromatherapy.


How did you score? If you had more No's than Yes's... Congratulations! You are doing great, but, if you have more Yes's than No's then here are a few things you can do for yourself to help you relax at home:


First, play a spa cd or any other relaxing music and turn out any lights.

Next, close your eyes to reduce the stimuli coming into your brain.

Be sure you are sitting up straight to keep your spinal column aligned but RELAX.

Next drop your shoulders and begin to unwind.

Take a deep breath in through your nose and hold it for 5 seconds.

Next COMPLETELY exhale through your mouth.

With each breath feel your abdomen and your chest completely FILL UP with oxygen.

Put one hand on your chest and the other on your abdomen to feel them rise and fall with each deep breath you take.

Now each time you exhale through your mouth I want you to relax a different muscle group starting with the top of your head and working through each muscle group until you reach the tips of your toes.

Okay eyes closed, shoulders dropped, back straight but relaxed, NOW take a deep breath in through your nose hold it for 5 seconds and EXHALE COMPLETELY through your mouth RELAXING your head, your eyes, your cheeks, your tongue, your neck your jawline line …muscles you don’t think of. (Meditate on your favorite scripture)

Now next breathe in through your nose, hold it for 5, now exhale and relax your shoulders, your chest, your upper arms,

Now work your way down your entire body relaxing a new muscle group with each exhale.

Repeat it again from the begining...


Ladies, all you need is 15 minutes a day to do this, get off to yourself and relax, relate, and release...God Bless!